Tuesday 24 June 2014

Fruit Tingle by Ulta3 - Design 5 - Braided Nails

Final design using Ulta3 - Fruit Tingle for this lot of 1 Polish, 5 Designs. Still loving the colour of this polish, totally recommended if you want an awesome Barbie pink colour.

 I've had today's nails in my head for a while but it was difficult to transfer from my mind to my nails. Once I finally figured out how to do it, they turned out quite well, so check them out below.


I'm calling these braided nails as the stripping taped yellow and pink nails sort of look like hair when it has been braided. The yellow and pink also went really well together. Which reminds me, the polishes I used were Ulta3 - Fruit Tingle and Rimmel - Sunshine. The triangle shaped studs are from a nail art kit I got at K-mart. I made a pictorial for the braided, taped nails, so I'll show that to you now.


1. Paint your nail yellow. This is three coats of Rimmel - Sunshine
2. Using stripping tape, tape your nail as shown. I kind of staggered the tape as you can see.
3. Paint your pink polish on top of your tape.
4. Immediately remove the stripping tape using tweezers. Wait for it to dry a little and add a top coat and you're all done!

To attach the stud things, I just added a drop of top coat to nails painted with Fruit Tingle and stuck them down, then added another coat of top coat to seal the deal.

I hope you enjoy these. A review post for all the Ulta3 - Fruit Tingle designs will be up tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment here!