Friday 27 June 2014

Fizzilicious by Peita's Polish

After joining instagram a few month ago,  I have learned so much more about nail polish, nail art and all the wonderful people who make up the nail art community. One of the biggest things I've learned about nail polish is the existence of Indie Polish brands. For most of my life I've brought nail polish from the local pharmacy, or chain store, because it was convenient. However now I've gotten more serious about painting my nails, I want more interesting and unique polishes and that's were indies come in.

I found out about indie polishes when Peita, of Peita's Polishes, started following me. From her instagram page I discovered the What's In-die Box, a showcase of exclusive Australian indie polishes, released to a theme each month. I also discovered all the other amazing collections various Australian Indie polish makers have released. I really loved what I was seeing so I ordered a What's In-Die Box and one of Peita's polishes from her website, to give some indie polishes a go. 

The polish I ordered from Peita's Polish was Fizzilicious, from her Sweet Treats collection, which is what I have to show you today.


Fizzilicious was inspired by Wizz Fizz and as soon as I opened my package both my mother and sister commented that it looked like sherbet, so I'd say Peita was spot on the money when creating this polish. 

Fizzilicious is jammed packed with matte pink, yellow and white glitter in a clear base. However it is so glitter loaded you don't need any base polish for the coverage you see in these swatches. I just used three thin coats of Fizzilicious topped with Sally Hansen's Insta-dry and wow-a! Amazingness!!

I decided to add an accent nail as well, which is a packet of Wizz Fizz for this polishes name sake! The white base is Sinful Colors - Snow Me White and everything else is acrylic paint. I love the 3D look this accent ended up with and how well it ended up going with Fizzilicious, which just goes to show this polish really is a packet of Wizz Fizz in a jar!

I now adore indie polishes, especially Peita's Polishes, even though I only own a few. I will definitely be purchasing more in the future! If anybody has any recommendations of some must have Australian Indies, I'd love to hear them, just comment below!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment here!